skip to Main Content Back To Top
A popular first time home buyer option. More lenient credit and income requirement. FICOs down to 500.
Advantages of FHA Loans
- You can qualify with a lower credit score compared to other loans.
- You can buy a home with a down payment as low as 3.5%.
- If you already have an FHA loan, you can refinance with a Streamline to lower your interest rate and payment.
- You may qualify even if you’ve had financial difficulties in the past, like a bankruptcy, short sale or foreclosure.
Benefits of Getting Your Loan With Emmett Dempsey
- Personalized service from one of Florida’s top rated lenders.
- Balance of online tools and technology with a human client touch.
- Clarity of mortgage options and financial benefits through a Mortgage Coach Total Cost Analysis.
- Continued Annual Reviews of your mortgage and personal finances.
Other Popular Loan Options
The Different Types of FHA Loans
- FHA loans are available with different terms, so you can choose the length of the mortgage that works for you.
- Think you’ll refinance or move within a few years? An adjustable rate mortgage comes with a low fixed rate for the first five years.
How FHA Loans Work
- You get an FHA loan from a HUD approved mortgage lender like Geneva Financial.
- The loan is insured by the Federal Housing Administration. Because of that insurance, that lowers the risk for the lender. That means the credit and income requirements are more lenient for you.
- You will monthly mortgage insurance or PMI. This goes to help fund the FHA program.
- The home you want to buy will have to meet the FHA’s minimum property standards.
- Learn more about these loans on the CFPB Website.
Want to learn more? Watch my video!